Monday, April 8, 2013

† SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY: MONDAY, APRIL 8, 2013 †

† Scripture Of the Day: Matthew 11:28-29 †
 
 
"I'm Tired!!"
 


† SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY: Matthew 11:28-29
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. † ** Thoughts On This Verse: I'm not sure about anyone else, but lately I just seem tired, worn out, and just plain lazy at times. Sometimes I find it hard to g...et going and the simplest tasks just take forever for me to get them done. Sometimes the day-to-day grind just seems to grind me down. So I guess when we're that "down" stage that's probably a perfect opportunity to look up and to pray, and when I pray for strength Matthew 11:28-29 is usually the verse that the Lord lays on my heart. A passage in His Word that tells me that this "weary" or tired state that I'm in right now won't last forever. It's also a reminder for us to not try to carry everything on our own shoulders but to come to Him and let Him help us carry the load. That is exactly what He desires of His children is for us to come to Him and hand Him our burdens and simply rest. **

I hope if you've taken a few moments out of your day to read this little devotional, that hopefully you've gotten something out of it that you can take with you. I hope the Lord somehow used these words to speak straight to your heart and somehow He has given you just what you needed to get through this day.

Much Love And Prayers,
Kelly-- "The Happy Homemaker"



No comments:

Post a Comment